Lansinoh® and THERA°PEARL® Partner to Offer Relief to Breastfeeding Moms
Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy has three functions to help breastfeeding moms soothe engorgement, relieve mastitis and plugged ducts, and reduce time spent pumping
ALEXANDRIA, Va.—June 21, 2012—Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc., the leading lactation consultant-recommended brand of breastfeeding support aids, together with THERA°PEARL, LLC, the creators of innovative, doctor-designed hot and cold therapy products, today unveiled Lansinoh® THERA°PEARL® 3-in-1 Breast Therapy, a first-of-its-kind solution for breastfeeding moms that delivers 360 degrees of relief in a unique cold, warm and hot therapy pack that conforms to the breast. This revolutionary new product is being featured at this week’s National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) at the Lansinoh booth, #717.
“We are extremely grateful to our partners at THERA°PEARL for helping to make this solution possible. This is the first product of its kind that offers breastfeeding moms a significantly advanced, modern solution for pain relief that can finally replace the well-known ‘bag of frozen peas’ home remedy, and it’s long overdue,” said Gina Ciagne, Certified Lactation Counselor and Senior Director for Professional Relations at Lansinoh.
Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy packs feature THERA°PEARL’s proprietary Pearl Technology™ developed by a doctor and patient team to mimic the age-old remedy of using a frozen bag of peas to relieve pain.
“THERA°PEARL was formed on the basis of helping people feel better and we’re extremely happy to combine our technology with Lansinoh, the most trusted brand in breastfeeding, to provide critical pain relief and solutions for new moms trying to maximize their success breastfeeding,” said Daniel Baumwald, President of THERA°PEARL. “The two moms, who founded THERA°PEARL, together with our whole team, are extremely excited and proud that we have helped to develop a product that will be able to make such a powerful and positive contribution to so many mothers and their families.”
The reusable, non-toxic, and BPA and Phthalate-free Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy packs are filled with “pearls” that retain any desired temperature for 20 minutes, and can be used by breastfeeding moms to help:
- Reduce Engorgement – easily stored in freezer, cold Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy packs helps reduce swelling and relieve engorgement;
- Soothe Mastitis and Plugged Ducts – heated briefly in a microwave and used hot, Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy packs help soothe mastitis-related discomfort and plugged ducts;
- Reduce Pumping Time – for breastfeeding moms who choose to also pump, Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy packs used warm may help encourage let-down and reduce the time moms spend pumping. A recent study found that warming the breast can decrease expression time and increase milk available. Each pack is fitted with a snap closure, so moms can fasten it around their breast pump flanges and actually use during pumping.
“It’s important that moms seek the guidance of a healthcare provider in the case of any underlying issues they might have, especially in the case of mastitis,” added Ciagne. “But in the meantime and during her treatment, we want mom to know that there are therapies available to soothe discomfort and help her continue breastfeeding as long as she and her baby desire.”
To give moms a jump-start to finding the relief and soothing they need, Lansinoh is offering a $1 coupon for any Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy purchase through the end of the year. The packs are available now at the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $13.99 online, currently available at diapers.com. Beginning August 2012, Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy will be sold in over six retail chains across the U.S including Target, Babies R US, CVS, Walgreens, and Buy Buy Baby.
Lansinoh THERA°PEARL 3-in-1 Breast Therapy joins an extensive line of Lansinoh products designed exclusively by and for breastfeeding mothers, including:
- Breastfeeding Aids
- Lansinoh® HPA® Lanolin
- Soothies® by Lansinoh Gel Pads
- Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bags
- Lansinoh® Affinity® Breastmilk Storage Bottles
- Lansinoh® Disposable Nursing Pads
- Lansinoh® Ultra Soft Nursing Pads
- Lansinoh® LatchAssist™ Nipple Everter
- Breast Pumps
- Lansinoh® Affinity® Double Electric Breast Pump
- Lansinoh® Manual Breast Pump
- Lansinoh® ComfortFit™ Flanges
- Infant Feeding and Baby Care
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Bottle featuring the NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipple
- Lansinoh® Clean & Condition Baby Wipes™
- Lansinoh® 3-in-1 Diaper Rash Ointment
ABOUT LANSINOH LABORATORIES, INC.
Founded in 1984 by a breastfeeding mom, Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc., Alexandria, Va., is a global leader of premium products by and for breastfeeding moms. The company’s expanding product line is available in over 25,000 retail stores nationwide. The company is committed to developing new products that support moms and babies through internal product development and selective acquisitions. Lansinoh® and mOmma® are exclusive trademarks of Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc. For more information about Lansinoh and its product lines, visit us at www.Lansinoh.com, www.OnCloudMom.com, on Facebook/LansinohUSA or on Twitter @LansinohUSA, @mOmmaUS, @OnCloudMom, @GinaAtLansinoh.
ABOUT THERA°PEARL, LLC:Founded in Maryland in 2008, THERA°PEARL creates innovative hot & cold therapy products using proprietary Pearl Technology™. Easily chilled in the freezer or heated in the microwave, THERA°PEARL packs are the doctor-designed, drug-free way to calm pain and inflammation. For more information visit us at therapearl.com. You can also follow THERA°PEARL on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Product info: THERA°PEARL Lansinoh Breast Therapy Packs
Company website: http://www.Lansinoh.com
Company sponsored blog: http://blog.OnCloudMom.com/
Product photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lansinoh/6348087946/in/set-72157627867771339