1. Start your day by stretching. Loosen those back muscles that will inevitably tense up throughout the day. You’ll be proactively avoiding deep knots and spasms. It’ll help wake you up, too!
2. Stay loose. Get up from your desk several times throughout the day to walk around or stretch in place. This will keep the blood flowing to your back muscles and will decrease your chances of a painful strain.
3. Ice on Sprains, Bruising and Swelling; Heat on Stiffness and Soreness. Let’s be honest. None of us really know off the top of our head when to use heat therapy and when to use cold therapy. Well here you have it! An easy way to remember their uses is this little rhyme: “Ice is nice for the big and bruised. Heat is neat for the hard-to-move.” The THERA°PEARL Back Wrap does both.
4. Sleep on your back. Sleeping on your back is the most beneficial thing you can do for your spine during the night. Try investing in a pillow that is designed to help you comfortably sleep on your back if it does not come naturally to you.
5. Keep your core strong. Maintaining a strong core takes some of the stress off your back. A simple way to start doing this is to keep your abs tight as often as possible, especially when you’re lifting heavy objects. Soon you’ll find yourself tightening them without even thinking about it! It’s also a good idea to incorporate exercises into your workout routine that specifically focus on your core. Your back will thank you!